Help Nottingham become
Englands Home of Sport!
know Nottingham has been shortlisted as one of the finalists in Visit England's
campaign to find the our national Home of Sport? We think Nottingham deserves
the recognition and the glory that comes with the title thanks to our iconic
venues, illustrious sporting history, and world conquering sports people!
Peoples Choice candidate, were in with a fantastic chance of being crowned
the winner, but we need your help. A public vote is now open, go to EnglandHomeofSport.com and
cast your vote! Its just one click no logging in or creating an account!
winning city will be announced on 23 October - we'll keep you updated!
Some of the reasons why we believe Nottingham is Englands Home of Sport:
Nottingham has more sports facilities per head of the population than anywhere else in Europe
- Nottingham is home to the National Water Sports Centre offering facilities for kayaking, canoeing, white water rafting and plenty of other great water sports.
- England famously took on Australia in the fourth Investec Ashes Test at Trent Bridge this summer and won the series here in Nottingham thanks to a heroic performance from local boy Stuart Broad
- Top international tennis stars recently performed at the Aegon Open Nottingham at the Nottingham Tennis Centre, including Feliciano Lopez and James Ward.
- Home of great cycling events such as The Milk Race and Cycle Live, and not forgetting Stage Six of The Aviva Tour of Britain arrived in Nottingham on 11 September this year
- Nottinghams redeveloped Harvey Hadden Sports Complex now has an Olympic sized state of the art facilities including a 60m indoor running track, 8 lane 400m running track and publicly accessible 50m swimming pool
- The first Nottingham 2015 CPISRA World Games in fifteen years was hosted at the Harvey Hadden Sports Complex this August, bringing Cerebral Palsy sport competitors from around the world to the city.